Typically, a court may look at all sources of income when determining whether a party has the ability to pay alimony or the need for alimony. This includes wages and income from investments.
Prior to merging with the DeWitt Law Firm, P.A., Charlie Hounchell was the principal shareholder of Florida Property Law, LLC with over 20 years of legal experience, serving as an assistant state attorney, an insurance coverage litigator representing homeowners and as a real estate attorney specializing in commercial and residential buyer and seller representation.
Mr. Hounchell is a Tampa Bay native and a graduate of The George Washington University and The University of Florida College of Law. He also earned his MBA in International Management from the Thunderbird School of Global Management in Glendale, AZ.
For seven years in Tampa, Mr. Hounchell owned and operated an award winning medical bill and contract negotiation company, Zeneks, Inc (sold in 2006). Charlie currently specializes in real estate law with an emphasis on foreclosure defense, short sale negotiations and contract dispute resolution. He speaks Spanish and Portuguese and has lived a total of five years in many different countries including Mexico, Spain, Argentina, Germany and Brazil.
Mr. Hounchell is a Florida Licensed Title Agent and principal owner of Florida Property Title Services, LLC. He is also a real estate sales associate with Smith & Associates and a member of the Florida Bar Association, Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section, the American Bar Association, Attorney’s Title Insurance Fund, Hillsborough County Bar Association, The Greater Tampa Association of Realtors (GTAR); Jurists Engaged in Defending Title Integrity (JEDTI) and the Board of Directors of the Bay Area Real Estate Council. He participates regularly in continuing legal education, professional organizations and civic groups.
Mr. Hounchell actively supports the Tampa Bay Community by currently serving on the Board of Directors of a number of different Bay Area non-profit and community organizations, including Board of Directors and Chair:
• The Spring of Tampa Bay (2006-2012)
• CEO Council of Tampa Bay (2002-2007)
• U.S. Global Leadership Coalition Member (2012)
• Leadership Tampa Alumni Association (LT Class of 2006)
• Board of Directors: Bay Area Real Estate Council
• Board of Directors and Chair: The Spring of Tampa Bay (2006-2012)
• Board of Directors: Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence
• Board of Directors and Chair: Tampa Bay Businesses for Culture and the Arts (2004-2012)
• Founder of the Tampa Bay Businesses for Culture and the Arts High School Art Stars Scholarship Awards (2007-2012)
• Board of Directors: Housing and Education Alliance (2011-2012)
• Board of Directors: The Arts Council of Hillsborough County (2012-2013)
• Board of Directors: The Crisis Center of Tampa Bay (2010-2012)
• Board of Directors and Marketing Director: Earth Charter Communities, USA (2006-2008)
• Board of Directors: The Master Chorale of Tampa Bay (2003-2006)
• Board of Directors and Development Committee Chair: Equality Florida (2010-2013)
• Board of Directors: Project Patchwork (Adoption non-profit) (2008)